Donations play an important part in the success of our program. CHAP is able to serve homeschool athletes through the generous giving of others. Your donations enable CHAP teams to practice, participate in tournaments, and eliminate administration fees. Most importantly, your donation allows CHAP athletes to learn Biblical and life principles through competitive sports and enable them to become the leaders of tomorrow!
Capital Homeschool Athletic Program (CHAP) is a 501 (C)3 organization. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to CHAP, then please click on the PayPal link below!
CHAP gives donors multiple ways to contribute to our ministry: By mail, online with PayPal & fundraisers. With PayPal you can securely donate funds online using automatic withdrawal from your checking/savings account, and/or your debit or credit card.
Please use the address below to mail your donation: CHAP P.O. Box 1875, East Lansing, MI 48826
Our players, parents, and staff are extremely grateful for your generosity!
BASKETBALL SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Click Here
Would you like to sponsor our team? Please contact us to learn the benefits of each sponsorship level! Email email@example.com to learn more.
CHAP 2015-2016 PROGRAM GUIDE INFORMATION
Dear Homeschool Athletes and Families:
CHAP provides a fundraising opportunity each year for our CHAP families that is 100% voluntary, the annual CHAP Program Guide. This fundraising activity is designed to help you directly, and the entire CHAP program as a whole. If you wish to raise funds with the CHAP Program Guide, every dollar you raise reduces your participation fee by 80 cents. In other words, 80% of what you raise goes directly toward your participation fees. The remaining 20% is retained by CHAP to cover the production, printing costs of the program guide and administration. If you actually raise more CHAP Program Guide dollars than the level of your participation fee(s), these excess funds will be used to cover the costs of CHAP basketball season that the participation fees do not.
WHAT IS THE CHAP PROGRAM GUIDE? It is a quality booklet which CHAP prints at the beginning of each basketball season containing CHAP team pictures along with ads of different sizes that contain information about our sponsors. The size of the “ad” is determined by the size of the donation a business or individual makes to CHAP. For example, if a business sponsors CHAP for $100, we will print their business card (or other ad they may provide) in our program in 1/8 page size (see attached sheet for different ad sizes and corresponding donation amounts). The larger the donation, the larger the ad.
HOW DO I FIND SPONSORS FOR THE PROGRAM GUIDE? Some CHAP athletes visit local businesses and/or individuals in their neighborhood and kindly ask for their support for the athlete’s homeschool team. Others target businesses that their parents know or patronize and ask for their support by sponsoring an ad in our CHAP Program Guide. We respectfully ask that that you do not take last year’s program guide and start contacting those businesses that advertised last year (other than the businesses that you personally secured their ad last year). There are two main reasons for this. One reason is a courtesy for those athletes who successfully solicited ads last year from a given business. This allows for those families who secured ads from a business last year to be able to return to that business this year to ask for their sponsorship again. A second reason is a courtesy to those businesses who chose to sponsor us last year. Some businesses who have sponsored us in the past have graciously voiced a concern that after placing an ad one year, they had several requests from different CHAP athletes the following year.
WHAT DO I SAY TO A POTENTIAL CHAP SPONSOR? For example, you might visit a local business and ask to speak to the manager. The manager comes out and asks how he can help you. You could say:
Hi, may name is _________ and I am a basketball player with the Capitol Homeschool Athletic Program (CHAP). Each year CHAP asks for sponsors to help fund our basketball program in exchange for advertisements in our annual CHAP Program Guide. This Guide contains pictures of our teams, ads from sponsors such as you, and they are distributed at all our home games. CHAP is a non-profit organization so your sponsorship would be greatly appreciated! Would you consider placing an ad in this year’s CHAP Program Guide?
With an answer of “yes,” then show the manager the size of ads available (see attached ad size form). After an ad size is selected, ask if they would like the ad space to contain an exact copy of their business card (and ask for one), or do they have another ad they would like us to use (ALL ads must be PRINT READY). You can collect the donation on the spot or arrange to pick up a check when it is ready (all checks can be made payable to ‘CHAP’). Ads can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You then leave them with a receipt when you collect the donation.
WHAT OTHER PAPERWORK IS NEEDED? Once you have secured a sponsorship, fill out the sponsor’s information on the attached advertising spreadsheet (one sponsor per line). When you have completed your CHAP Program Guide fundraising, please mail your advertising spreadsheet, all sponsor ad information and donation checks to CHAP, 1710 Kingswood Dr., Lansing, MI 48912.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE? All ads and donations must be mailed in by December 18, 2015. Please remember that any participation fees that were not covered by the program guide fundraiser (80% of all funds raised by this fundraiser are applied to your participation fees) are due by December 18, 2015. All participation fees must be paid by January 1, 2014 (unless arrangements for a payment plan have been made).
QUESTIONS? Please don’t hesitate to contact Susan Menzel at email@example.com or 989-865-9604
Click Here for the Program Guide Business letter (Download the attachment and then you will be able to edit the "To: addreses.")
2014 - 2015 Sponsorship Opportunities:
1. Youth Game Day Sponsor: It only costs $130 to sponsor the entire Youth Game Day at Capitol City Baptist each Saturday. We have 9 game dates available to sponsor. You will get your company name, logo and website imprinted on the game day rosters distributed to all fans attending the game. You will get name recognition announced before the game and at halftime. You may also bring in a company banner, brochures, business cards or other items to display on the Game Day. Free admission to anyone in your group is also included on your game day. Logo listed on our Sponsors Banner hanging on the wall of the gym. For an additional $50, you may also get a business card sized logo ad and link on the sponsors page of our website.
Week 1 - sponsored - Capital Foot & Ankle Centers
Week 2 - $130
Week 3 - $130
Week 4 - $130
Week 5 - $130
Week 6 - $130
Week 7 - $130
Week 8 - $130
Week 9 - $130
2. Varsity Game Day Sponsor: $200. We have 9 game dates available to sponsor. You will get your company name, logo and website imprinted on the game day rosters distributed to all fans attending the game. You will get name recognition announced before the game and a halftime. You may also bring in a company banner, brochures, business cards or other items to display on the Game Day. Logo listed on our Sponsors Page of our website. Free admission for anyone in your group is also included on your game day.
3. CHAP Alumni Game on 12.29: $200. Senior Day Recognition, as well as a fun-filled evening for the CHAP Basketball family. You will get your company name, logo and website imprinted on the game day roster distributed to all fans. You will get name recognition announced before the game and at halftime. You may also bring in a company banner, brochures, business cards or other items to display on the Game Day. Free admission for anyone in your group is also included.
4. Monthly Practice Sponsor: $1000. We are fortunate to have a great relationship with Aim High Sports, but we have 4 boys basketball teams, 3 girls basketball teams and 4 youth basketball teams all renting courts for practice times weekly. We have four months of practices, so the costs add up quick. For the month you sponsor, you will get name recognition announced before the game and a halftime. You will also get a business card sized logo ad and link on the sponsors page of our website, as well as on the front page of the website. Prominent Logo listed on our Sponsors Banner on the wall of the gym.
November Practice Sponsor - $1000
December Practice Sponsor - $1000
January Practice Sponsor - $1000
February Practice Sponsor - $1000
5. Team Uniforms Sponsor: $1500. Get your logo imprinted on a team home & away uniform. You will get name recognition announced at halftime of the game and a business card sized logo ad and link on the sponsors page of our website, as well as on the front page of the website.
6. National or Regional Home School Basketball Tournament Sponsor: $2000. Sponsors name on our Nationals or Regionals t-shirt (parents and players) and a business card sized logo ad and link on the sponsors page of our website, as well as on the front page of the website. Recognition announced at halftime during the last month of the season.
7. ChapChariots.org Website Naming Rights: $8000. Get your name and logo on the main banner of the website with the phrase "presented by" and a link to your site and/or your own page on our site. You may also get a full information article about your company posted on the site as well.
8. Website Link: $50. Get a business card sized logo ad and link on the sponsors page of our website.
Other Fundraising Opportunities:
9. CHAP Program Booklets: we are looking for companies to sponsorour program booklets, cost varies from $15 to $350 based on size of thesponsorship.
10. Free Throw Shooting - a - Thon: the Varsity players will be having a Free Throw shooting fundraiser in early Feb. to raise money for their Nationals trip in March. They will shoot 500 free throws and you cansponsor a player by pledging an amount per made basket or a flat rate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
11. Silent Auction: We will be holding a silent auction in February at one of our home games for the Varsity team's expenses for the National tournament. if you have something you would like to donate for the auction, please email email@example.com.
Thank you so much for supporting our student athletes!